Monday, December 8, 2008

Color Corection

I have been working on restoring old photos and, for a beginner, I think I'm doing very well. But there is a trend. They are all black and white. Color. Ugh Even saying it terrifies me. What do I do if a photo is too blue? or Red? or Green? Now I would probably go in and manually adjust all the colors in "color" adjustment layer. This is ok, but from what I've seen, I've been guessing. And after a few hours of looking a bright LCD screen, your eyes get a little wacked out. Causing bad color decisions.

During a total random search, I cam across a "restoration forum" WOW, can I say that again? WOW. There are actually videos, good videos on the "How Too's" of simple photo fixes. The one that caught my eye was the color restore video. How simple did they make it look! Here I was guessing while sliding the little bar left and right, and thinking to myself... Ok that "looks" good. Here is the tool to actually bring you very close to what is really good. As simple as it is, all I need to do is go in and adjust the color levels with the graph.

I don't have an example at the moment. But one is sure to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment