Friday, January 23, 2009

New Project (and I'm a slacker) "Whats on My Desk"

So it's been at least a week, if not more since I payed any attention to my weekly assignments. I really do need to work on this last assignment because it's really challenging. Or maybe I'm not SEEING things that are upside down or inside out. I must get my butt in gear on this assignment and stop being such a slacker.

Bad Barbara, BAD!

But today, sitting at my desk I came up with a side project. "What's on My Desk" I will photograph one item on my desk every day,week, at random. Any object at random. If it lands on my desk, it will be photographed. This could be really fun..... or really boring.... that will all depend on what, if anything, interesting show up. I don't think I will limit this to my office desk, I have a desk at home too, and I know for a fact that TOTAL random things end up there too. Gotta keep my options open, ya know.

Hopefully each item will be photographed in a artistic manner to keep you, and myself at that matter, interested in keeping the project going. Each item may not be recognizable either, like I said I want to keep it artistic and interesting. I will try my hardest NOT to edit the pictures in any way.... I said TRY not to. I am very addicted to my Photoshop and even Microsoft Picture manager for those quick "contrast" fixes.

Each picture will be taken with my 50mm at f/1.4 set to Aperture priority. I will play with the metering and maybe white balance, but not much else.

Today's image "phone cord"

No comments:

Post a Comment