Monday, November 16, 2009

Speaker and Tuner Cake

Here is a cake that I am very very proud of. I took a few shortcuts... of which I do not think I'll share... but I believe it came out exactly how I visioned it. 12hrs and multiple trips to the local cake decorating shop and it was finished, packed up, and on it's way to the party.

Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the night.
"I thought that was a cake in front of two speakers"
"Did you get that from Ace of Cakes?"
"Come on... is that a Cake Boss Cake?"
"YOU made that?"
" I think you should go in to the business of making cakes"

I've heard that last one before a few times, and like my good friend Erin always says.... I just giggle whenever someone tells me that. What most people don't know is that I used work in a bakery when I was younger... I was there for 6 years. When I left I never wanted see, or touch, or eat another cake ever again in my life.

But you know what. I do miss it, I loved being in the bakery and making cakes, and pies, and cupcakes, and all sorts of Italian pastries (which I could never say properly for all the little Italian grandmoms who would come in and ask for a canol or ganol or cannoli ( HEHEHE ) I'll never say that on right. But I go on.... anyhoo Since I've been cooking more and baking more these days I do miss the old bakery... and to be honest... I would love to run my own bakery business.... but for now I think I'll just make cakes on the side... for anyone willing to have one of my cake creations.

And to no further audu... here is my latest cake... The "Happy 50th Surprise Party Speaker and Tuner" cake. (BTW it was YUMMMMMMMY)



No comments:

Post a Comment