Friday, September 25, 2009

My Morning Drive

The sky was on fire this morning as I pulled out of my driveway, well it looked like it was.

It was beautifully colored from deep blue to yellow to orange and. Part of me really wanted to stop and take some decent photos of the sky, but I was already a few minutes behind schedule so I had to keep driving. Being a little late, I took the short rout to work. This rout to work puts me on one long road that twists through a small "mountain" called "South Mountain Reservation". It's a nice ride in the AM, but it has way to many stop lights. However it does have one added bonus... it brings you up high enough to see NY. Well... some of the tall buildings are NJ buildings, but you can see a bridge (not sure which one) that, I believe, brings you to NY... yeah.... somewhere in NY... maybe near the city.... ANYway.......

Before I made it to the twisty part I knew I had to get out my camera and set it up while the car was not moving. So I grabbed my camera (at one of those many stop lights) picked some settings for low light and hoped it was set right.

I knew exactly where I needed to be to get the "money shot". There is this one little section of the road that, for a split second, you can see this amazing city skyline way out in front of you, over the trees. As I took the last bend and came around to the highest part of the road, I raised my camera up with my right hand (good thing I drive an automatic!) and started snapping... click click click, click.... I whole bunch of shots went off. I placed the camera down and continued to drive....

At the next stop light I grabbed up my camera to look at what I captured. Not bad I thought.... not bad at all for not looking through the view finder and driving at the same time....

Here is what I captured... (cropped just a little bit to bring the skyline in better view, no color editing done on this image.)

No comments:

Post a Comment