Thursday, September 17, 2009

Piper's nose


So here is a my Piper's nose. Big, black and always cold and wet. But did you know that it smells too? Not just "sniff sniff sniff" but that it itself has a "smell". Now... one would think that it would be icky..... because lets face it..... where do dog's noses go? Yeah that's right you all have that same yucky image.... but put that on the back burner and put a lid on it. Because you will never guess how sweet and wonderful my dog's nose smells like!

It smells like pancake syrup !

Don't ask me... I don't know how she does it.... but it sure does. I don't ask how, some mysteries in life are meant to be left as just that... a wonderful maple syrup scented mystery.

:-)


09-18-2009
Side note on Piper's nose.... I should mention that it's not the black spongy part of her nose, but the top where her fur is more like peach fuzz. That last 1/2 inch spot right before the "spongy" part of the nose. It always smells sweet.

Piper has random smells... the normal dog smell, the wet dog smell, the " damn dog you need a bath smell", but my favorite is her maple syrup nose and her corn paws. But I'll cover the corn paws another day.


3 comments:

  1. OK Barbara, I fell for your trick. I had to see for myself and smelled my dogs nose and by no means did it smell like syrup. You got me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEHEHEHEHEHE
    you did? Awesome ! But honestly the top of her nose smells like syrup.... Maybe it's only my dog.
    What kind of dog do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not only your dog. I know this is an older post but I had to comment on it.

    I've been saying for a while that one of my dogs (boxer/lab mix) nose smells like syrup. My gf denies over and over and the other night my gf's beat friend says my dogs nose smells like syrup. I was amazed. Smells so good and I'm not just making it up!!

    ReplyDelete