Monday, December 14, 2009

Nachos

So the other day I was craving nachos... not over the top "SUPER NACHOS" just simple nachos... It was pouring ice rain out side and the only means of transportation this Jersey girl has are 1. 11 year old, rear wheel drive (non working ABS), Mustang; 2. 600 or 1000 cc Yamaha Motorcycles; 3. Walk. None of which are ideal transportation in the winter, especially when it's pouring ice rain.

So there I was craving Nachos... I mean REALLY craving them. Not for the cheese or the chips.. wait did I say "not for the cheese"??? That's a first. Anyway, I was actually craving the cilantro. Ever since my trip to Isla Mujeres, Mexico back in April when I dove deep in to all the local foods of the island, I have fallen in love with cilantro. Yum, it's so fresh and clean, and I can eat it right off the stem if I'm in the mood.

That was that, I wanted nachos come hell or "ice" water. Now, I don't have jalapenos on hand regularly but I always have HOT sauce so I knew I was OK on the "heat" part of the nachos. Off I go to the kitchen craving a simple Mexican snack when low and behold I find every ingredient I need! What are the chances of that? This hardly happens in my world, with a limited budget of $50 to get me through each week, having random "exotic" foods around the house is a rare sight. But there they were, all pretty and happy. And I was happy too...

I found chips, shredded cheese, hot sauce, cherry tomatoes, and fresh cilantro.

So I laid out some chips on a plate, piled on the cheese and melted it in the microwave until it was melty, then tossed on the tomatoes, shook some hot sauce all about, and then topped it all off with some fresh cilantro. YUM YUM YUM.

Here are some cellphone pics... I was not in the mood to grab and set up my camera on this day... but these will do... for now.

Oops a little close

That's Better, yum!

See, very simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment