Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wild Things



I'm not a big fan of the "Scary Movies" in fact, I run away, run I tell ya! With the same fear and speed as I do from Santa, and the Easter Bunny, or any other over stuffed, over fluffed, over "clowned" holiday character who dares to come near me. I could go on and on... but I won't... for now.

Yeah... this pretty much sums up how I feel inside when I used to think about this book, or the Mall Santa, or the Mall Easter Bunny, or clowns.... ugh I hate clowns.

So you see, one day....when I was a little girl I received this book, I believe from a teacher. It was called "Where the Wild Things Are". I read this book, nervously, all the way to the end. I put the book down. Looked around my room. And freaked out. EVERYTHING scared me. My mirror, my bed, the basement... well...every part of my house that was dark... I blamed it on the book for many years. The "wild things" were always in my mind, and they always ruffled my feathers. I really don't remember the story all that much, other then the little boy in the white footy PJ's and the crown, and then the "wild things". I don't remember if the story had a happy ending, or if there was really a lesson to learn.... All I know is that I did not want anything to do with it ever again.

Many years had gone by and I had since forgotten about this book, the unsettling images, and the scary dark places in my house. I was happy, care free, almost out of my "afraid of the dark" feelings until a month ago. Wouldn't you know it.... someone had to go and make a movie out of that very book. As I sat there watching the movie trailer all those old feelings came rushing back.

But now that I'm older, and I do know it's a children's story, I fell that I need to do something about this. I think the most perfect therapy for me and my fear of this book is to go see the movie. Yeah, call me crazy, a little weird, which ever, but I feel that this could be the best therapy (on the cheap) I need to get over a lot of little things that plagued me as a child. Those little things like this fear of this book, which I locked up in a little box, threw away the key, and stored far far far in to the back of my memories. But now that I'm an adult I feel I need to face these fears and get it done and over with.



And that's my little story about that. :-)

Movie Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcBPzqxBnRU

No comments:

Post a Comment