Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Class Day


Again I find it interesting to see other people's work. This always makes me nervous. I don't like being critiqued. I never like it back in college in my film classes. After a few weeks it would grow on me and I'd be less nervous of it because it was always helpful to hear what other people had to say about my work. But I still get butterfly's when it's my turn. It was interesting to see that people pick similar themes as "play". From the most obvious sports teams to a little less obvious like a poetry reading.


As I looked at my images, I actually liked them more and more. Things were pointed out that I never even thought of. For example one of the pictures of the baseball team setting up the field, that I thought was junk, ended up being a good example of different shape elements in the composition of the photo. Also I realized that I got caught in the trap of putting my subject dead center. This i believe came from my love of macro photography, where I would normally focus on the center or close to it. Something I'll have to work on for the next project.


No comments:

Post a Comment