Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Moon

There was a full moon out and no clouds. You could see all the dark spots on the moon. So I thought this would be a great opportunity to take a picture. I put the my telephoto lens on the camera and turned it all the way up to 200. Not bad at all i could still see the spots. However when I took the picture all I got was a bright white spot in the sky.
Now I know I've taken pictures of the moon before and never was it washed out. This time I didn't have my tripod with me so I was leaning on my car for support. I could get a sharp image, but still the moon was washed out. I used the flash and then didn't use the flash. Same result. I believe I have to use one of the other settings in the camera. Maybe have a longer shutter speed? I would have needed a tripod for that. I'm hoping next full moon I'll be able to get a good shot and have my tripod with me to try out different shutter speeds.

With Flash
Without Flash

No comments:

Post a Comment