Sunday, September 28, 2008

Finally Paradox... I Think


FINALLY I believe I came up with a good idea for "paradox". I had this vase full of sunflowers on my desk. They had been sitting there for three days now. Still in good condition. I decided to play around with interesting locations, have them "growing out of places they shouldn't be. OK so since I was sitting at my desk i put them in my pen holder. Boring and not a paradox. I started to head out side, thinking maybe I'd find something better. Then I placed on on the floor in the corner of a room. Even more boring and well just bad. I headed out the front door, the light was still good enough to shoot in, even with out a tripod. So before the sun went down I found a parking lot. How interesting would it be to have them "growing" out of the pavement. I walked around a bit and found a water drain. Perfect, with the added element of water I hoped it would add to the idea that life could be growing. So I stuck the flowers in the drain as if they were growing out of it. I took a few steps back and loved it. I think the bright color of the sunflowers on the white ground makes them stand out. I took a bunch of shots from different angels. Since the sun was setting, and I had no tripod with me, I set the camera to "action" mode to get a quick shutter speed. They came out well. A little dark under on the stems, but that can be fixed some in post editing. (Hmmm I believe I'm using the "Sport" mode too much, and I need to start to adjust the settings more on my own)

STATS
Shutter : 1/200
Aperture : F5.6
Mode : Sport
Focal L. : 55m
ISO : 800
White B. : Auto
Flash : No
Edits : I cropped down the image slightly, turned up the contrast and color slightly

No comments:

Post a Comment