Saturday, September 27, 2008

Rifle Range (In Doors)


I went to a fire arms range today and brought the camera. I really wasn't thinking of taking to many pictures because you have to be serious and not get in the way or fool around. However, I did bring the camera JUST in case. While my boyfriend was sighting in the scope on the rifle I had a few minutes to reach in to my bag and grab the camera. Picture one... FLASH! Oops. Not that it was a big deal with the other shooters since we were all in our own little booths, but, I didn't want the flash to bother anyone. I changed the setting on the camera to "action" and closed the flash. OK, the next few shots were... "OK". Then I changed angle and lowered my perspective. MUCH better. I was able to get the feeling of being right over the shoulder looking down the rifle at the target that was down lane. It was good, kind of yellow, but that is from the color temperature of the lights. Again a manual white balance would have helped out here. But like I said I only had a few minutes to snap some shots. If I was going for a "warm" feel, i would have hit it right on the mark.

STATS
Shutter : 1/8
Aperture : F4.5
Mode : Sport
Focal L. : 38m
ISO : 800
White B. : Auto
Flash : No
Edits : None

No comments:

Post a Comment