Friday, September 12, 2008

Random Photography


One of our assignments is to take photos, at random, all week. So the very next morning I started shooting. I took some amazing photos on my way to work of the cars flying down the highways. I love that effect of speeding light past the camera. Then on my way home from work there were multiple opportunities to take pictures. Little girls with umbrellas, rain, car accidents, etc. Since I was on a time crunch I didn’t really want to pull over and get out in the rain, so I continued on home. When I got home I started taking pictures of the rain drops on my windshield. Some were “eh” some were kind of interesting.

I used the camera with out the flash for some of the images and then turned on the flash for others. Ironically, even with the camera right up at the glass, with the flash on I did not get an annoying flash reflection. Instead I found that the camera read the scene completely different, it darkened up the background (outside the window) and brightened up the rain drops outlines. And if I looked close enough in to the rain drop I could see my house reflection. I'm hoping to take the images and crop them down small enough so this is visible clearly.

I then decided to play with the image a little more and I changed the color of the entire photo. Now it looks like water on a red surface. I love how this image came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment