Thursday, November 13, 2008

Figuring out My Camera

As bad as this is going to sound... I finally figured out how to adjust the shutter AND the aperture on my camera in Manual mode! I seriously couldn't figure it out, although reading the manual may have helped.... Up until today all I could adjust was the Shutter.

So today I was talking to a photography professor I know, and I described my frustration with the locked in white balance in the "portrait" setting. And then how I wished I knew how to change the Shutter and the Aperture on my camera in the "manual" mode. With in a minute he gave the camera back to me and pointed to the button I needed to push to make the magic happen.

DUH

Yes I said DUH. All this time I could have been using that button and making my images so much more... well me.....and not "Nikon" Ugh.

But with my new found knowledge and a willing model... I will try my original portrait shoot once more. This time I will be even better equipped.

I do have one more issue tho. How do I lighten up the top of someones head if they have dark hair. See in this image :



Her hair is lighter at the ends then at the top (naturally). This is causing a very unsettling feel for me. It looks like her head is so flat and lifeless. I'll have to ask in class tonight.

Now there is one other issue with this picture. It had originally come out very orange. Due to the fact that I could not change the white balance. Maybe this will help. But I'm skeptical.

No comments:

Post a Comment