Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Photo Shoot 2: Thoughts

While I was setting up my equipment, I realized something sooo important. My "studio" space. Wow I take up a lot of room. How could I do this remotely, say at someones house... Unless they have a huge living room, or are willing to move all their furniture?

I know I should try to keep the focal distance on the lens above 100mm to insure proper sized features, but this puts me sooo far away from my subject. I believe I'm about a good 12 paces away from my model when I shoot. In a studio this would probably not be a problem, since there is usually more room. I would say, I probably take up at least up to a 10'x20' space after all the gear is set up, and that is still squeezing it in.

This set up I've been using is decent for a single portrait, but what happens when an entire family wants in??? I will have to move even further back? Or do I just use a lower focal length? A family of 10 and I'll be a good 25' away from them, if not more.

And of course I totally forgot to take a picture of my set like I had planned. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment