Wednesday, November 5, 2008

FOCUS !!!

Focus, the very most important part of photographs.... Well... that can be debated... but for this post it will be.

Looking back to the Roller Skate photo. I noticed that the focus of the shoot was to get the "skate" in focus. However when I looked at the photo later, i realized that I wanted a specific part of the skate in focus. It was not. Frustrating as that may be, there isn't much I can do about that now, with out a 3rd re shoot. But who gets 2nd and 3rd re shoots in the real world?

I have to think about my shots like I would for a portrait. what do you want in focus in a portrait. Usually the eyes. You look at someone and you look at the eyes. The nose will be slightly out of focus and the cheeks will slowly fade out to the ears. You don't want to look at the photo and see a sharply focused tip of the nose and soft focus eyes. The drama of the photo would be lost.

Being that my lunch break is up... I will continue this thought another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment