Saturday, November 29, 2008

New Backdrops

I received two new backdrops for portraits. A "painted" brown and red. They look pretty good. I got them on such a super sale I couldn't believe it, I swore something would be wrong with them, but they are actually decent for the money.

When I received them in the mail I noticed they were super wrinkly. However I could not do any thing about it because they literally came only a few hours before I needed to headed off to my next shoot.

When I was setting up I noticed they had these big square creases in them from being folded in the boxes. I tried to stretch them out a bit but you could still see the lines. Knowing there was nothing I could do about it, I pressed on. I pulled the back drop as flat as I could to remove "curtain folds" and it looked pretty good. The "design" on the back drop it's self gave some interesting "fill" design in the back ground of the shots. This time there was no need to "drape" the fabric, it would have been way to busy looking.

I wonder if my photos with the white and black backdrops should have or should be pulled flat? I have been "draping" them to give some texture. They are just flat white or flat black. I'll have to try this next shoot out when I want a black or white background. I do know now with my little experience that it will work better for any shots done in black and white, reducing my post production/editing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment