Sunday, October 5, 2008

Outside Range

Outside Range compared to inside range.
Photographing the inside rifle range seemed to have it's limitations, and I wished I could have had more light, more room, and more time to compose the shots. Today I went to an outdoor shooting range. I was excited. I had lots of space and lots of sun light. Issues I found today was the sun. The sun was so bright. I then realized that I still didn't have a lot of time between shots and my turn at shooting. The sun light helped a lot, and I tried to play with the aperture readings in the sun light and in the shade. I believe I took a few good shots where the "shooter" was in the right light, not in Shadow. However I do need to work on controlling the bright sunlight in the back ground.
I also used the video camera option on the phone to capture some video of my day at the range. The video came out really well. Only thing I noticed is that any REALLY loud noises too close to the phone while recording tend to become distorted. For example, the pistol I was shooting has a very distinct "bang" however the microphone recorded the shot sounding like some futuristic laser weapon.

No comments:

Post a Comment