Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Roller Skate Re-Shoot


I wanted to re shoot the Roller Skate photo with more light. Problem... I did not have my remote lighting kit with me, and my external flash does not "talk" with my new camera. I attached the flash, pointed it at the skates, and hoped for the best. Wow. What a difference. By total accident I managed to get this "ghost" like feel from the photograph.
The Flash was set a little too bright for the distance I was from the skates and the shutter speed was at 10seconds. I was not using a tripod.
I looked at the first image... Ugh, the flash did not go off. Take two... The flash fired this time Surprise! I achieved the exact image I had originally visioned. I wanted the skates to look ghost like, or smokey like in a dream. I feel I accomplished this well. If I had not used such a bright flash in my dark garage, I don't think I would have achieved this "old memory/dreamy" like effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment