Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Prompt to upgrade your N95 - Do not do it

(This is mentioned in the SHU Mobile Blog)
I decided to DL some of the applications that were mentioned in class. I picked one I was interested in and started the process. The first thing they ask you to do is to upgrade the software in you phone. So I did. I checked my files to make sure they were saved to the memory card and my contacts to my SIM card. After all was good, I preceded the upgrade. When it was finished I noticed that my settings had change. I poked around some more and found that the phone had been reset back to almost factory settings and I had lost everything relating to Seton Hall. To make it worse it looked as if I had erased all the contacts off my SIM card.

After checking the SIM card in a different phone I was relieved to find out that all 230+ contact numbers were still there. However this upgrade erased all SHU settings. I then had to bring the phone to telecom., here on campus, to reset every thing. I would advise not to do this this upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment