Friday, October 31, 2008

White Balance

In the readings for class I learned about the different effects of White Balance. I then decided to do my own little study on the effects of each White Balance setting on a particular scene.

I placed my keys on a desk under an incandescent light bulb. Set the camera to Shutter priority at 1/40. I started with the Auto White Balance. With out changing any other settings on the camera or in the scene, I took one shot for each different preset White Balance settings. )Looking back, I do wish the image was a little bit brighter, but it works well enough for my experiment.)


White Balance : AUTO
White Balance : SHADE
White Balance : CLOUDY
White Balance : FLASH (W/TTL)
White Balance : FLASH (NO FLASH)
White Balance : SUNNY
White Balance : FLUORESCENT
White Balance : INCANDESCENT
I like the "FLASH, w/TTL flash" the best, however the "INCANDESCENT" looks more realistic. If I were to use the Incandescent image I would probably do minor adjustments with the color saturation just to warm it up slightly, but that's just me.
STATS
Shutter : 1/40
Aperture : F5
Exposure : Shutter
Focal L. : 135mm
ISO 400

No comments:

Post a Comment